No announcement yet.

2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Less dribbles". I've also felt that in the half court, there are only 2 times to put the ball on the floor: To drive or to get out of trouble. By the way, when I say "to drive" that doesn't mean one has to all the way to the hole. One can also drive and dish or drive and pass.

Comment

I suspect Tyson has gotten bigger, stronger, bulkier this season, costing him quickness on both ends. Just a guess.

Comment

I am not a "D1" coach but I did stay at a Holiday Inn. Mo is okay on offense. On D I would
        jerk him every time I saw him chase someone elses man 15 ft away from the basket
        leaving a huge hole underneath. PF's have to sag when he does but they don't. Move
        TE back to SG where he belongs. Limit his shots to layups and wide open ones. I'd switch
        defenses when something isn't working. Slow down a little on fast breaks and stay under
        control. Keep the ball moving and reversing. Stop standing around and move without
        the ball. Set good screens. The first good shot should be taken regardless of the player.
        If we don't have players who can't hit good shots we should probably find some unless
        they are awesome defenders or rebounders. Take care of the ball. Assist numbers
        should ALWAYS be higher than the turnovers ! I'll now try and be quiet for awhile.....if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I suspect Tyson has gotten bigger, stronger, bulkier this season, costing him quickness on both ends.
          Costing him quickness for both his head AND butt???
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Imagine if Popeye's ran like Chick-fil-A.
            30 cars in line at Chick-fil-A = 5 minute wait.
            3 cars in line at Popeye's = time to catch up on podcasts.
            Oh my goodness yes!!! Great foodSLOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              I hope that video session was really awkward for some of the guys...

Comment

HCIB always seems to say the right things but so far nothing seems to change much. Looking forward to the day when I can see some of the good talk show up on the floor during games.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 7, 2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  "Less dribbles". I've also felt that in the half court, there are only 2 times to put the ball on the floor: To drive or to get out of trouble. By the way, when I say "to drive" that doesn't mean one has to all the way to the hole. One can also drive and dish or drive and pass.
                  Exactly. Every game there have been a plethora of opportunities for one of our players that are driving to simply dish it as the help defender comes over. Easy close dish or bounce pass. Thats it. Easy bucket then go play d.

We're either dumb, don't know how to make that type of pass...or not coached how to do that in practice. It's like we make it harder on ourselves not doing the simple dish.

Seems we have the talent...just not the execution.

FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Another good use of a dribble in the half court is to create a better passing angle, usually into the post, but can be used to setup some back door opportunities or simply better angled passes across the perimeter.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Okay, I will throw out a positive: this team, almost to a man, does have more ability to get it to the post (when they want to) than some of our players of years past. I remember that being a big gripe the last three or four years that we had no one that could make an entry pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Okay, I will throw out a positive: this team, almost to a man, does have more ability to get it to the post (when they want to) than some of our players of years past. I remember that being a big gripe the last three or four years that we had no one that could make an entry pass.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If people could post stills of the times Tyson has caught the ball even marginally open to where he could Shoot. The. Ball. In. Rhythm. I'd love to see them. All 2 of them.

Tyson's just not going to get open looks. He's just not. Until other shooters start making teams pay for face guarding Tyson to the hash, doubling off the ball screen and cheating over every pick, he's also going to continue to struggle to even get the ball.
                          If you can stomach it watch the game from Sunday again. He was open a couple of times. He was curling on the baseline off of multiple screens in the first and second half. And if he can't open EVER, that's his fault.

I refer you to the cliche "you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him." Right now, that ain't Tyson. Most professional type collegian basketball players rarely have games like we've seen from Tyson over the last 2 years (in the big games at that). A bad game for a future pro is probably somewhere around 12-15 points.

To your earlier point, AG is definitely missed on this years team. For our stat geeks, it speaks for itself.

Comment

Shocker Men's Basketball Coach's Show Tonight
                            » DEC. 13, 6-7 p.m.

Radio: 97.5 FM and 1240 KFH
                            https://www.audacy.com/kfh

Comment

Good Lord, Coach… I love you like no other but PLEASE don’t end each question with he’s a fine young man and getting better”

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                                Good Lord, Coach… I love you like no other but PLEASE don’t end each question with he’s a fine young man and getting better”
                                High level, Without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X